iPhone 1.1.4 Downgrade – Quick Guide (MAC and Windows)
iPhone 1.1.4 upgrade hasn’t been a trouble-free update for many. There really is no good reason to update to 1.1.4 at this time, probably SDK might need it in the future. So, you accidentally upgraded to 1.1.4, now what? How do we get back to a much better firmware?
Download 1.1.3 / 1.1.2 firmwares from this link.
I have followed these steps on a 4.6 BL iPhone as well as 3.6 BL iPhone. If you have used IPSF like unlock before (Gunlokc/iJailbreak/ZiPhone), then you can still follow these steps.
- Your 1.1.4 iPhone should preferably be activated using iNdependence.(Latest version 1.4beta5) (Quit iTunes, iTunes Helper from Activity Monitor (Type Activity Monitor in Spotlight, you should see it).
- Now, the downgrade to 1.1.3 is pretty straightforward. Just hold the ‘Option’ key (MAC) / ‘Shift’ key (Windows) and hit the ‘Restore’ button on iTunes and browse for the .ipsw file you downloaded (preferably 1.1.3 firmware). And hit ‘Open‘.
- It should start downgrading. One of my friends got weird error messages at this point. Like ‘error 2001’ and some other error. You might want to restart your Mac and iPhone and proceed to Step 1. (Look for steps 4,5 for Windows users at the end of this post)
- (MAC) If you get an error message 1015 it is absolutely fine. That assures you have 1.1.3 now 🙂 All you have to do is launch iNdependence to kick the iPhone from the DFU mode.
- (MAC) Now quit iTunes and iNdependence. Launch iJailbreak (Latest Version) and hit Unlock / Jailbreak depending on your requirement. If you are on ATT or an approved carrier, you may want to click Jailbreak or else Unlock is not a bad option either !!
iJailbreak installs installer.app by default (if you choose either Unlock or Jailbreak) and post a comment if you face any issues. You have a happy iPhone experience now!!
4. (Windows) It is common for error 1015 to pop up at this stage. It is time you download iBrickr. Quit iTunes and launch iBrickr. Click on ‘Boot the iPhone’. It should kick the iPhone out of DFU mode to boot into HomeScreen.
5. (Windows) Download ZiPhone. Now hit the ‘Do it all’ button if you never unlocked the iPhone. If you unlocked the iPhone before, you might want to hit ‘Jailbreak and Activate’ for installer.app to be glowing on your homescreen!
Thanks Ashlee for following my instructions and confirming they work on a Windows computer 🙂
Update : Probable fix for YouTube (Check at the end of the article).