iPlus 2.0b – Safest Jailbreak/Unlock Ever for 1.1.4 iPhone
Aviegas fixed the major errors plaguing this wonderful tool – iPlus 2.0 b, the best tool for unlocking your 1.1.4 iPhone. Yeah, it works only with 1.1.4 firmware and you can know more about the app itself here. After all the hush-hush on hackint0$h about this app, the author released this version carefully sealing not so buggy bugs!
The highlights of this release being :
– Unlock/downgrade strategy rework: Now safer than ever!
– Fix for the “Repair Needed” problem
– iPlus will always reboot twice (and not 2 or 3 times)
– Pass 2 visual feedback. Now users know what is going on
– PC/Mac program will not end until everything is really done
– Support for PPC
– No need to install libreadline on MacOS X
So, all you have to do is launch the terminal and perform the following operations :
Quick Guide :
- Restore your iPhone to 1.1.4 in iTunes (from any firmware)
- Determine your firmware using *3001#12345#* and restore to 1.1.4. It never hurts restoring to 1.1.4 though!
- If it is a brand new iPhone, restore to 1.1.4 and then connect your iPhone to iTunes atleast once
- Quit iTunes and iTunesHelper (Activity Monitor)
- Download iPlus 2.0b, Unpack , open “Terminal” and cd to the directory where iPlus is extracted to and type: ./iplus -u (it jailbreaks, unlocks and activates your iPhone).
You need not install the libreadline for Mac OS X anymore, hence hassle free! Ignore the “Could not enable SSL” error message, it is a friendly error! Those all waiting for the safest unlock/jailbreak ever, time has come! This can also be used for installing installer.app with some necessary applications pre-installed! It can’t get any better!!
I recorded the entire process but SnapzPro errored out at the end 🙁 Anyways, my observations : I used the default payload and I didn’t even quit iTunes or iTuneshelper!! Everything worked straight out of the box! Amazingly simple, ZiPhone may be tossed now! Will test the same on a PC and let you know guys!
Update : Possible Youtube fix from Larry..
Sync iPhone to be sure you have good backup of data
Take SIM out of phone
Put iPhone into Restore mode and restore firmware using iTunes
When restore is complete, Close iTunes and Quit iTuneshelper and iTunes in ActivityMonitor
Leave SIM out of iPhone and unlock iPhone with iPlus following the procedure
When iPlus is complete, re-install SIM
iPhone is completely unlocked and all applications (including YouTube) function perfectly.