Apple’s iPhone had little or no updates to the UI ever since its inception (2007 June). The homescreen is way too boring when compared to the ever so popular Android phones. To add some life to the existing iPhone homescreen, install a free application called ‘Element’. It is a Cydget widget. You no longer have to launch each individual app (weather, email, sms, calendar,.. updates). Following are the steps to install it on your iPod Touch / iphone.
- Your iPhone should be jailbroken before proceeding.
- Launch Cydia and search for ‘Element’ and install it.
- Now click on Settings and select ‘Cydget’ and check ‘Element’ widget as shown.
- Now, make the necessary changes in ‘Element’ to suit your requirement. For this, go to ‘Settings’ again and select ‘Element’.
- If you would like an unobtrusive experience (a minimal ‘slide to unlock’ slider), then install ‘Transparent sliders, Lockscreen Mini Slider, No Slide to Unlock’ hacks from Cydia and activate them in Winterboard.
- You should now be looking at a productive homescreen like this :