There is not much to write about this time around (no PC or Mac limitation)! Jailbreaking is perfectly legal btw!
All you have to do is :
– Make sure your iPhone is activated. It is not possible without a valid iPhone SIM. If you don’t have one, we must wait until another tool is released.
– Make sure you sync your iPhone to iTunes. This is important, just in case you know!
– If your iPhone is activated, you are 60 seconds away from a jailbreak. Connect to WiFi and launch Safari on your iPhone.
– Type in ‘jailbreakme.com’ in Safari and swipe the ‘slide to jailbreak’ button.
– Sit back and watch the fun! It should all be over in few seconds/minute depending on your WiFi connection!
– Now launch Cydia and choose ‘user’ when prompted to choose user type.
– Search for ultrasn0w [with a zero] and install it. Reboot your iPhone and enjoy a jailbroken, unlocked iPhone 3GS!
Please donate to comex here!
Known issues (from @comex’s tweets):
- MMS/Facetime issues for some. You have to restore from backup to fix this issue. [This is now resolved! For those who are facing problems, update Cydia and reset network settings. For those who used it before the fix, chmod 755 /private/var/mobile/Library; chmod 755 /private/var/mobile/Library/Preference then Reset Network Settings should do]
- T-Mobile MMS issues : Adding http://beta.leimobile.com/repo/ in Cydia and installing their package should fix MMS issues for T-Mobile users.
- If it hangs in the middle of the process at the purple screen, reboot your iPhone and try again.
p.s : I tested this on an iPhone 3GS 4.0 with the latest bootrom.